The goal of Waelzholz’ environmental and energy policy is to design all company related processes, from purchasing through production to sales, in a way to ensure that the most efficient use is made of resources and energy and to minimize the environmental impact. The management ensures that necessary information needed is made available and that resources are provided. Waelzholz is committed to comply with all statutory rules and regulations. We also run processes for the continual improvement of our environment and energy performance.
That means in particular:
- Waelzholz uses energy efficiently. Technically unavoidable emissions are to be reduced.
- Waelzholz uses raw materials economically. If possible, unavoidable production wastes are entered into the recycling chain and re-used either for materials or energy.
- Together with our customers Waelzholz develops materials that have a minimum environmental impact during further processing. Due to the specific characteristics of our products we ensure an overall optimized CO2 balance in production of final goods.
- Waelzholz takes all action necessary to record and reduce the impact to the environment of our company activities. This also applies in the case of a non failure-free operation.
- Waelzholz pursues an open dialogue with interested stakeholders, authorities and associations on issues related to the environment and energy processes.
- Waelzholz’ environmental management system is audited by an independent, international certification company on a regular basis.
- Waelzholz expects it suppliers and service providers to have environmental standards in accordance with our environmental policy. Energy efficiency of essential energy-consuming equipment is a decision criterion in procurement procedures.
- Service companies working on our premises must comply with our environmental standards.
The C.D. Wälzholz GmbH is already certified according to the European standards DIN EN ISO 14001 and DIN EN ISO 50001. Waelzholz Brasmetal is already certified according to DIN EN ISO 14001.